Financial Assistance: Veterans
As an organization founded and operated by a veteran with dyslexia, WILDD knows the unique challenges you face. We are proud to offer reading, writing, and math assistance to our service members, both privately and through VA Chapter 31 benefits. If you are a veteran and would like to find out more about our services, please reach out to us here.
If you are a veteran or VA counselor who would like to utilize WILDD via Chapter 31 benefits, please read on to find out more about the VA referral process.
VA Referral Process Summary
- The VA counselor will contact WILDD at 608-824-8980 to inquire or request services.
- WILDD will schedule a consultation meeting with the veteran and VA counselor, and acquire appropriate information from the VA counselor. (Consultation meetings are held remotely via web conference.)
- During the consultation, WILDD will make recommendations for how to proceed. If a psychoeducational diagnostic is needed, WILDD will make arrangements for a diagnostic meeting in conjunction with the VA counselor.
- If a diagnostic is needed, the student will come to WILDD’s offices in order to undergo psychoeducational evaluation.
- All parties will meet post-assessment to discuss diagnostic results and, if applicable, initiate student enrollment in the appropriate academic therapy program.
For more information on accessing Chapter 31 benefits, please visit https://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/eligibility_and_entitlement.asp