WILDD Instructors are rewarded on a daily basis by the growth in their clients. They are responsible for providing high-quality instruction/academic therapy for WILDD clients; participate in WILDD training courses and seminars; provide demonstrations of instructional procedures; maintain client records; and maintain confidentiality for all clients, employees and agency operations.
We provide free CLASS certification to Instructors who formally commit to two years of instructor employment with the agency. In addition, instructors completing the certification program are eligible to receive five graduate credits from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville School of Continuing Education.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Must pass a national background check.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in or aptitude for teaching, training or related field.
- Excellent computer skills with willingness and ability to learn new software and e-learning programs and methods.
- Empathy and desire to work with children and adults who struggle to read.
- Commitment to learning and maintaining a new scientific, research-driven, and evidence-based method of teaching dyslexic/specific learning disabled children and adults how to read and interact with the language.
- K-12, college and/or adult teaching experience a plus.
- This is an ideal position for retired teachers, part-time teachers, or any qualified individual who wants to supplement his or her income.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to WILDD, 636 Grand Canyon Dr., Madison, WI 53719 or to Madison@wildd.org.