Wisconsin Institute for Learning Disabilities/Dyslexia Inc.
Who Should Attend:
Teens, adults, college students, school counselors, teachers, school board members, veterans counselors, adults with dyslexia or reading challenges, parents of children with dyslexia or other learning or reading disabilities, and anyone interested in an introduction to dyslexia.
636 Grand Canyon Drive
(Evergreen Office Center, near West Towne Mall, off Odana Road, next to Mermaid Car Wash)
- Definition of dyslexia and how it compares to other learning disabilities
- How learning disabilities and dyslexia affect learning, the failure cycle, and behavior
- Early indicators, signs, and characteristics of dyslexia
- Best practices for remediation of reading, spelling, written expression, and math
- Dyslexia simulation (what it feels like to be dyslexic in school or the workplace)\Gifts of dyslexia
- Cost: $20.00 per person